Welcome to 4 Tree Frogs!
Welcome to Year 4 Toucans/Tree Frogs class pages. On this page you will find lots of helpful information and links to websites to help you with your learning.The staff working in Year 4 this year are: Mrs Chard, Mrs Nickson, Mrs Smith (mornings only) and Mrs Schencks. On a Friday morning the children are taught French by Miss Ward and PE by Mr Stanett
Hot News! PE days have changed and PE will now be taught on a Wednesday and Friday. Please remember your PE kits including kit that is suitable for outside. Remember if you have pierced ears you will need to remove or cover the earrings for PE and if your hair is longer than shoulder length you will need to have it tied up.
During the first term we will be focussing our Linked Learning on the Hindu religion, we will be exploring the Romans and doing lots of art around this. We will also be looking at the digestive system; look out for some gruesome information coming home from your children!
Terms 5 and 6 here
Please keep your eyes peeled for details of our forthcoming trip on the 8th November to the Verulamium.
Websites you may find helpful:
Remember that reading is not only about reading the words on the page. Ask your grown up to talk to you about what you have read. Some key questions you could discuss:
- What is your book/page/story about?
- What happened at the beginning?
- How do you think the book will end?
- How is the character feeling? How do you know?
- What are your favourite words?
- Do you need to look up the meaning of any words in a dictionary?
- Is this fiction or non fiction? How do you know?
- Have you read any other stories/books like this before?
- Can you find any word types that you have learnt in grammar this week?
- What is your opinion of the book?
Don’t forget to look in your reading record for other ideas and don’t forget reading doesn’t just have to be your school book!
How to earn MORE book points and be a reading superstar!
- Read something different
- Read something in your first language (if you have one)
- Visit your local library
- Write a book review
- Get caught extreme reading.
- Read a range of different text types
- Discover a new author.
Across the year group we are immersing ourselves in the world of Michael Morpurgo by reading The Butterfly Lion and The Fox and Ghost King.
Learning Logs (Homework)
Term 5 (April-May) here